MX Global is a fully licensed digital asset exchange, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the company the bridges the regulated and decentralised scenes in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
Are you passionate about the intersection of service mesh, cloud native apps, and infrastructure operations/management? Join the MX tech team to build amazing user experiences on their favourite device, their Android phones.
The Embedded Systems Engineer develops electronics and software that integrate into a connected products. This spans various software layers, including cloud based applications and API’s, connected firmware and device applications. The core responsibility of the role is to build these parts of software with excellence. The skill-sets required involve understanding of hardware and software, resource limitations and connected product lifecycle that result in reliable, secure and extensible platforms. The successful applicant will work firmly within the hardware team, the opportunity still involves consistent tasks with the business analysis and project teams to maximise product success.
- Develop firmware for low-power embedded systems to support different use cases.
- Provide necessary supports to other teams and partners throughout the entire product cycle, i.e. from prototype to ready-to-market products.
- Work in a cross-functional team of analysts, designers and software developers to discover and deliver innovative solutions.
- Responsible for the quality and on-time delivery of your developed products throughout the development life cycles.
- Rapid prototype development for proof-of-concept purpose.
- Collaborate with vendors and partners on various projects.
- Through simulations, prototyping and testing, consistently verify embedded hardware/software functionality.
- 3 years’ experience with firmware development for embedded systems in particular for ARM, Intel, or equivalent microcontroller and microprocessors.
- 2 years’ experience in Python, C or C++, and version control, e.g., GIT development skills.
- Experience using interfaces, e.g., RS232, RS485, UART, I2C, SPI, ADC, etc…
- Knowledge in MQTT, CoAP, AMQP, Websockets and RESTful HTTP is a plus
- Experience interfacing sensors and actuators e.g., motors, relays, etc…
- Understanding of schematic and PCB layout design and troubleshooting using oscilloscopes, Multimeter, logic analysers, etc….
- Knowledge of various wired and wireless communication protocols, e.g., Bluetooth, ZigBee, NBIoT, WiFi
- Passion for learning new technologies.
- Experience in Linux embedded development in cross-compiling, OS toolchain, Debian build system, Linux file system, GDB, Linux bash script.
- Experience with FPGA is an added advantage
- Knowledge in cloud IoT platforms, e.g., Google Cloud IoT, IBM Watson IoT, Amazon AWS IoT Core is an added advantage.
- Embedded Linux or Embedded RTOS is an added advantage